Tuesday 10 May 2011

Welcome

Welcome to my brand new blog.

I have always been keen on cooking food (and even keener on eating it) and have spent the majority of my life thinking about what I would like to cook (and eat) next.

Having previously fancied myself as a bit of an amateur gourmand I have enjoyed perusing the likes of larousse in order to find something new and and suitably greedy to cook. However, due to a bit of unexpected unemployment (proving the statistic of 1 in 5 16-25 yr olds) I have found myself playing the role of a 1940s housewife. Except in this case the rationing is imposed not by scarcity of availability but rather scarcity of excess cash.

So, I have had to go back to basics in a serious way and learn the art of cooking on a tight budget. This basically involves wasting not, and sometimes you have to get very creative...

No comments:

Post a Comment